Is the town of Puzzleburg inspired by any real-world locations?
Yes, the fictional town of Puzzleburg is inspired by a wide variety of (mostly coastal) cities and locations across the United States. Here is a sampling:
- Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Catalina Island (all are island communities, like Puzzleburg)
- Los Angeles (Venice Beach)
- San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf)
- Wilmington, North Carolina (the history museum)
- Virginia Beach, Virginia (statues overlooking the ocean)
- Seattle (gum wall)
- Las Vegas (a prominent "Welcome to..." sign)
- Hawaii (Puzzleburg is known for its apples in the same way Hawaii is associated with pineapples)
In addition, the spelling of "Puzzleburg" (as opposed to being "Puzzleberg" or "Puzzleburgh") was determined by researching the most common spelling among real-world cities (not limited to the US). Details on that can be found in the previous blog post titled "Is it spelled Puzzleburg with a u or Puzzleberg with an e? Why one way and not the other?"
Please remember to wishlist and play the free demo of A Weekend in Puzzleburg on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1929760/A_Weekend_in_Puzzleburg
You can explore the town of Puzzleburg and see these connections for yourself when the game launches on Friday February 17, 2023.