With it now being December, I figure this would be a good time to look back at the year 2023 for what I accomplished with Sunny Demeanor Games and pull back the curtain a bit on what's to come in 2024.
- Released my first video game A Weekend in Puzzleburg on February 17, 2023 - you can purchase it on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1929760/A_Weekend_in_Puzzleburg
- Received my first review for A Weekend in Puzzleburg (LadiesGamers.com gave it a rating of "I Like It" here)
- A Weekend in Puzzleburg was featured in the Kotaku article Ten New Games on Steam Bursting with Imagination
- Published a demo for my next video game, the spy thriller interactive novel There's Always a Madman: Fight or Flight, which is a spin-off from A Weekend in Puzzleburg based on one of the hotel room TV channels
- There's Always a Madman: Fight or Flight participated in the October Steam Next Fest
- I ran my first-ever Kickstarter (for There's Always a Madman: Fight or Flight). The Kickstarter unfortunately didn't get funded, but the game will still be completed and released in March 2024 (albeit without having a James Bond-esque with lyrics like I envisioned)
- I am hereby announcing a free content update for A Weekend in Puzzleburg called the "This Town Ain't Big Enough" update coming in the first half of 2024. This will add three new quests to the game, including one quest where you play an Old West-themed game of hide-and-seek trying to find a kid in different spots all over town and another quest that may very well dictate the future of Puzzleburg itself!
- There's Always a Madman: Fight or Flight will release in March 2024 - you can wishlist it and play the free demo on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2390500/Theres_Always_a_Madman_Fight_or_Flight
- I am also in pre-production on my next game, which will be a second entry in the There's Always a Madman series. I expect that game to release in Q1 2025
So there you have it - everything going on in the world of Sunny Demeanor Games as we wrap up 2023 and head into 2024 (and even a sneak peek at something on the agenda for 2025).